Sunday, January 4, 2009

Honey - Pecan Chicken


Honey - Pecan Chicken
My apologies for not posting I was having an issue with uploading pictures, a call to Apple and we are all set... Since I am back on Weight Watchers I am trying to cook healthier and watch my points. I saw this recipe from Dotty's Weight Loss Zone, great Website to get recipes and see point values for things. 
While cooking this dish Anthony said what is all this what are you making, I said, "Honey - Pecan Chicken". He said that sounds good, well we sat down to eat and I was digging in right away, it was really moist and the Honey with the Pecans tasted so good!! Anthony also approved!! He liked it a lot and we will keep it in the recipe book!! Enjoy!

Ingredients 
1/3 +2 tsp bread crumbs
4 Thinly sliced chicken cutlets
2 tbsp flour
1 egg lightly beaten
2 tbsp canola oil
3/4 oz. chopped pecans
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. minced fresh parsley
1/2 tsp. cornstarch
1/8 tsp. grated orange peel
1/8 tsp. salt
Dash of pepper

Method
Cover chicken in flour, dip in beaten egg, and then coat both sides wit the bread crumbs.
Saute the chicken in oil, turning once, 3-4 minutes per side. (Or Until the chicken is cooked).
Remove chicken to serving platter and keep warm. 
In same skillet saute the pecans until lightly toasted (1-2 minutes)
In small bowl combine remaining ingredients, stirring to dissolve cornstarch
Add liquid to pecans in the skillet and stirring constantly, bring to a boil. 
Simmer 4-5 minutes until mixture thickens. 
Pour over chicken and serve immediately. 

8 WW points per piece. 



1 comment:

Denise E.Z. said...

Oh, wow, Leann! Wrong time to check out your Diva's Dishes Blog: My mouth is watering, and it will be probably another 45 min. until I get to have lunch! Everything looks SO yummy, I must say! By the way, I am a HUGE fan of Weight Watchers. As a teenager, my sister and I were a member and we LOVED the weekly motivational meetings! Great Stuff!