Monday, November 24, 2008

Corn Casserole

This recipe is a good one! It is a corn casserole that I grew up with, my mom always made it and it is a favorite of mine, I love corn and cheese! The recipe is from my Grandma "Mac", my mom's mom. It is easy to make and tastes great! (Goes good with the chili...)

Corn Casserole
Ruth McCaslin - (Grandma "Mac")



Ingredients:
1 package of jiffy corn mix
1 can of cream style corn
1 can of kernel corn (drained)
1 melted stick of butter
1 cup (16 oz) of Sour Cream
1 cup mozzarella cheese

Method:
Pre - heat oven to 350 degrees
Mix all of the Ingredients together in a bowl. (Keep cheese separate)
Place in a 10" baking dish, greased. 
Place in oven for about 45  minutes to 55 minutes, then add the 1 cup mozzarella cheese on top. Keep in oven about 5 more minutes. (Until Cheese is melted)
Then place on rack and let cool for about 15 minutes and serve. 




5 comments:

Unknown said...

mmmmmm, that looks and sounds delicious! i am making this dish this weekend, i will let you know how it goes.

d0d0joe said...

I am SOOO gonna try this this week...Maybe add a little meat :)

Amanda said...

Hey, I made this tonight for dinner to go with Scott's Red Beans and Rice dish, it was soooo good!

Leann said...

Amanda that is awesome I am glad you tried it!! It was always my favorite growing up!!

Unknown said...

Leann, I finally made it! And it was good. Broght it to a girls night pot luck where the theme was Southern. It was a hit and almost nothing was left! I think I am going to try it next time weight watchers style and see how it comes out. Will let you know! Thank you for the great recipe, I want more!